Maternity Cover – Part Time, 6 months (with possible extension)
Spirasi is an NGO that provides holistic rehabilitation services to both asylum seekers and refugees who are victims of torture. We are looking to recruit a Psychosocial Officer. The Psychosocial Officer is a front line post and is central to supporting, advocating on behalf of survivors of torture overcome social barriers to their recovery process and fostering resilience.
- Relevant Third level qualification in Social Science or other related area
- Ability to work well both in a professional multi-disciplinary team and alone
- Experience working with asylum seekers, refugees; culturally competent
- Detailed knowledge of Irish health, education, social welfare and legal systems in relation to both those seeking and having received protection in the Irish State.
- Excellent ability to represent and advocate, communicate and network
- Excellent self-care and awareness of importance of boundaries
- Proficiency in use of IT and standard software packages
- Strong reporting skills both written and numeric
- Proficiency in a second and/or other languages
- Experience in working in a therapeutic setting
Please send both a CV and a no more than one page Letter of Motivation stating how your skills and experience match the requirements of the post via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line reading “Psychosocial Officer – Maternity Cover”.
Enquiries: To Andreas Mokake , tel. 01-8389664 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday May 24th at 5.00pm
Start Date: Immediate
Interviews: Tuesday May 29th
Rate €30,000 per annum (€18,000 pro rata 21)
Contract: Maternity Cover – Fixed Term for 6 Months with possible extension